Airtime meetups for World Radio Day on 13th February
World Radio Day seeks to raise awareness about the importance of radio, facilitate access to information through radio and enhance networking among broadcasters. Anyone who's worked with Sourcefabric over the last decade knows that we love radio. Going all the way back to LiveSupport and then Campcaster, Sourcefabric's team has always been behind innovation in radio and has understood the power of radio in communities all over the world.
Many of you will know Airtime, our award-winning open source software for radio automation. Airtime is one year old on the fourteenth of February, so we're going to celebrate a day early and coincide a whole host of global meet-ups with World Radio Day.
And we're not the only ones. The fantastic folks at FrontlineSMS are contributing to a massive London meetup around radio, and the clever people at Lifeline Energy will join them for a seminar and are co-ordinating activities all over the world. The whole day is approved and sponsored by UNESCO.
So, wherever you are, there's a chance to join in an event, or even start your own. Here's a list of Sourcefabric-organised meetups that we'd love for you to attend!
- Berlin - Supermarkt, Brunnenstrasse 64, 13355 Berlin, Germany
- Prague - Roxy / Nod, Dlouhá 35, 588 67 Prague, Czech Republic
- Minsk - Титан (Titan), пр.Дзержинского, 104 (Dzerzhinskiĭ avenue 104), Minsk, Belarus
- Guatemala City - Pizzería Vesuvio , 18 calle 3-36 Boulevard Los Próceres zona 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Warsaw - OpenReaktor, ul. Bohomolca 15, 01-613 Warszawa
- Toronto - 720 Bathurst St. Suite 203 , Toronto, Ontario M5S 2R4 Canada
We'll also be in London, joining Frontline SMS, SOAS, Lifeline Energy and more for a special event. Come and say hello!